Friday, March 24, 2006

I just stumbled across a few pictures that I took of the Sundance ski area last summer. It's truly one of the most spectacular alpine settings in the lower 48. It feels very European, very alp like.

The North Fork of Provo Canyon and the Alpine Loop should be on everybody's list of places to see in Northern Utah.


From the Sundance lodge.


This is the "backside" of mount Timpanogos. Check out Stewart Falls cascading down the hanging valley from the snowfields above. I could bore you all with geological descriptions of the classic U-shaped glacial valley, and all that, but I won't.


A better (closer) shot of Stewart Falls.

The Sundance area provides a myriad of recreational opportunities year round. Mountain biking and hiking during the summer and fall, skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling in the winter. Having grown up literally minutes from it, Sundance is one of my favorite places on earth.

You should check out the resturaunts at Sundance as well. The Tree Room is among the best in the state, and the Foundry Grill is good if you are looking for something a little less likely to empty your bank account.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Burr said...

Man, I appreciate all the feedback! This site is a work in progress, and we hope to make it better as we go. Thanks again.

Sterling